With sunshine beating down on the famous GP track, a first this weekend, free practice one got underway and was definitely the most competitive of the two sessions. From the off, Team WFR’s Jody Fannin and Warren Hughes were on the pace, continuing their good form from round one.
Italian Ginetta team, Nova Race, making their British GT debut this weekend initially led the mass of cars that would eventually challenge Optimum’s Lee Mowle and Ryan Ratcliffe. Team WFR and APO Sport were the next best teams running a G50.
Fellow debutants Jota Sport, running the all-new Mazda MX-5 GT4 enjoyed good form, finishing fourth and third in the respective sessions.
However, it was championship leaders, Fannin/Hughes and Lotus Sport UK’s Sailesh Bolisetti/Phil Glew that would provide the real challenge to Optimum for overall honours in the first session at the Nürburgring.
Bolisetti/Glew would finish top in the second session, with APO Sport’s Alex Osborne and James May second, Mazda third, and Nova Race taking fourth having finished sixth in the first session.
Qualifying begins this evening, with two 15 minute sessions beginning at 18:10 CET, separated by a five minute break.
1. Ryan Ratcliffe/Lee Mowle Optimum Motorsport Ginetta G50 1:53.085
2. Jody Fannin/Warren Hughes Team WFR Ginetta G50 1:54.006
3. Sailesh Bolisetti/Phil Glew Lotus Sport UK Lotus Evora GT4 1:54.478
4. Mark Ticehurst/Owen Mildenhall Jota Sport Mazda MX-5 GT4 1:54.797
5. Zoe Wenham/Dom Evans Century Motorsport Ginetta G50 1:56.045
1. Sailesh Bolisetti/Phil Glew Lotus Sport UK Lotus Evora GT4 1:53.049
2. Alex Osborne/James May Apo Sport Ginetta G50 1:53.402
3. Mark Ticehurst/Owen Mildenhall Jota Sport Mazda MX-5 GT4 1:53.960
4. Marco Cassera/Piero Folgio Nova Race Ginetta G50 1:54.072
5. Zoe Wenham/Dom Evans Century Motorsport Ginetta G50 1:54.766