Lotus has launched a new podcast called ‘US LOT Sessions’, a look behind the scenes at all things Lotus. Colin Chapman used to describe his staff as ‘us lot’. Over time this has come to include just about everyone who has a relationship with us. Not just employees, but our customers, our dealers, our suppliers and our fans.
The latest podcast is an Ayrton Senna Special to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of his first F1 win and Lotus is marking the occasion with a series of rarely seen classic archive images of Senna and his 97T race car from a private collection.
Six episodes are now available for download, with more episodes to follow soon. Those out already include:
- Ant Anstead: TV’s Wheeler Dealer and Master Mechanic reveals how a Lotus Elise saved his life
- Magnus Walker: the legendary Sheffield-born ‘LA Urban Outlaw’ car collector shares stories of Lotus ownership
- Matt Farah: the American automotive journalist and host of The Smoking Tire podcast chats about driving Lotus cars, including a road trip around California and going full throttle on some its best race circuits
- Helen Stanley and Ant Partridge from TV show Goblin Works Garage: the presenting pair highlight which of the Lotus back catalogue they would modify and why
- GF Williams: the London-based automotive photographer is best known for his hypercar images, but explains why his Lotus Exige has its own social media following
- Alex Goy: the British automotive journalist and Lotus owner tells of a recent trip to Australia, where he took on the famous Mount Panorama circuit – home of the Bathurst 12 Hour endurance race – in a Lotus.
- Senna Sempre: Celebrating the 35th Anniversary of Senna’s first Formula 1 win in a Lotus
The US LOT Sessions podcast is available to download at the following links: