Lotus Elise Sports Car Cup 250 Bathurst Edition Specs And Pricing Revealed
- Limited edition Lotus Elise convertible sports car for sale in Australia.
- Includes a free track day experience with Lotus Cars Australia.
- Upgraded suspension
- Lightweight carbon fibre components
- 3 Years complimentary servicing
- 3 Years roadside assistance
- Unique Monaco White paint colour.
The Lotus Elise sports car has been designed for driving enthusiasts. It is a rear wheel drive, two door sports car with manual transmission. Lotus Cars Australia have announced a new Cup 250 Bathurst Edition that is available in limited numbers to celebrate the brand and Australia’s most iconic racing circuit, Mount Panorama Bathurst.
This very exclusive limited edition sports car is on sale from AUD$109,900 before on-road costs. It features a number of unique enhancements compared to a standard Lotus Elise Cup 250 vehicle, including a free track day.
The exterior paint colour of this sports car is called Monaco White, it was last seen on James Bond’s famous Lotus Esprit in “The Spy Who Loved Me”. Compared to standard Elise models the removable hardtop roof, front access panel and roll hoop cover are also finished in the special paint colour. This is complemented by a matte black transom, red rear wing uprights and ‘Bathurst Cup 250’ decals.
Is a Lotus Elise a great car for a track day?
The Lotus Elise is the perfect choice if you are looking for a sports car under AUD$150,000 that is just as comfortable on your favourite mountain pass or doing a track day at circuits like Sydney Motorsport Park Eastern Creek, Mount Panorama Bathurst or even Phillip Island in Victoria. In fact Lotus Cars Australia fully supports owners participating in lots of driving events all year round (More info here)
If you are driving enthusiast then the mid-engined Lotus Elise is the type of car that will reward someone who loves a rear wheel drive vehicle that has a manual transmission – something that is becoming more and more rare these days. The Elise is a sports car designed with purity and precision in mind, it is the purest useable sports car on sale in Australia and one of the greatest driving experiences available.
What makes the Lotus Elise such a great track car?
- It weighs less than 1,000 kgs making it 200kg+ lighter than many other sports cars.
- It is powered by a supercharged engine with 181kW of power driven with an open gate 6 speed manual gearbox.
- It can reach 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.3 seconds although it’s cornering speeds are what helps it stand head and shoulders above other vehicles used on the track.
- The Lotus Elise Cup 250 Bathurst Edition includes a safety roll hoop that is motorsport-grade T45 stainless steel.
- 16-inch front and 17-inch rear, forged alloy wheels finished in black with Yokohama Advan A052 tyres (195/50 front and 225/45 rear).
- Light weight carbon-fibre race seats with red trim accents and Alcantara upholstery throughout.
- Specially tuned Bilstein dampers that are 12 per cent firmer in terms of compression on the front axle compared to a standard Elise and 20 per cent firmer on rebound. The rear axle’s compression is 9.0 per cent higher while the rebound is 30 per cent firmer.
- Lightweight forged motorsport-grade alloy wheels help keep unsprung weight low, as do the focussed AP Racing front and Brembo rear brake callipers.
- Fully independent double wishbone suspension and an adjustable front anti-roll bar.
What warranty does a Lotus Elise have?
What many people also don’t realise is that a new vehicle warranty applies to a Lotus Elise, even if you use it for spirited driving on a race track (learn more here) The Lotus Elise Cup 250 Bathurst Edition sports car is covered by a 2 Year 33,000km Warranty with 3 years of roadside assistance and 3 years of complimentary scheduled servicing.
Where is a Lotus Elise available for sale in Australia
Lotus have car dealerships in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. You can buy a new or used Lotus sports car from one of their dealers in Australia including the limited edition Elise Cup 250 Bathurst Edition.
Find your local dealer here
Frequently asked questions
What is a Lotus Elise?
The Lotus Elise is a mid-engined, rear wheel drive, sports car available for sale in Australia. It is an iconic design with driving purity and precision in mind, it is the purest, useable, sports car on sale in Australia and one of the greatest driving experiences available. It is only available with a manual gearbox in either coupe or convertible.
Can you drive the Elise Cup 250 Bathurst Edition on the road?
Yes the Lotus Elise is designed to be driven on the road or the race track and is street legal in all states of Australia.
Do you need a special license to drive a Lotus Elise on a race track?
Yes and No. Depending on the type of track day event you participate in you may or may not require a special license. For example Sydney Motorsport Park Eastern Creek offer a number of track days that only require a road registered vehicle and a drivers license.
There are some other events where you may require a CAMS License but in many cases you can purchase this online.
Does the Lotus Elise have a boot?
Yes the Lotus Elise range has a boot located behind the engine at the rear of the car. You can access it via the rear engine cover. There is also some storage behind the seats and under the dash for smaller items.
Is Lotus still sold in Australia?
Yes you can purchase a Lotus Exige, Lotus Evora or Lotus Elise from sports car dealerships in Australia in each state.